I found this recipe posted on Facebook – there wasn’t a source, so I googled and found it on Just A Pinch.
I happened to have all of the ingredients, so I decided to make these on a whim. The batter was a little difficult to work with – it was difficult to thoroughly blend the cake mix into the cool whip without stirring too much! But once it was mixed, it was smooth sailing.
These came out really good – I was surprised. They are a bit of a softer texture with a crisp outside. I am a sucker for lemon, so I could not keep these in my house. I ate a few and then promptly plated them up and walked them over to the neighbor’s house! LOL
These cookies are a mere 4 ingredients!! How much easier can it get?
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups cool whip, thawed
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar, set aside
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and set up two baking sheets with parchment paper, non-stick foil, a silicone pad or non-stick spray.
- Mix the cake mix, egg and cool whip in a large mixing bowl until well blended.
- Using a spoon, scoop a small amount of batter and dip it into the confectioner’s sugar and place on the baking sheet about an inch apart. (I was able to fit 18 cookies per baking sheet).
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until edges are beginning to brown.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.