Is this thing on?
Who knew I still existed?? I’ve been on a cooking hiatus since I came home from Florida last August! First, it was too hot to cook in the house, then Bruce started middle school and we were all out of sorts. We’re now settling into a routine and the weather has been turning oh-so-fall-like, which makes me want to cook again!
So at my last rheumatology appointment, my doctor suggested that giving up wheat might help my arthritis and various other autoimmune issues. (Have you seen how much I like scones? This is detrimental!). Upon researching, I did find that there seems to be a lot of rave reviews of the paleo diet helping autoimmune disease! (Anyone have any personal experience?)
So for the time being, I’ve given up all grains and most dairy – and am following a paleo-esque plan. We shall see if this helps! I pfer this over medication! (But I do miss my scones!) I guess that means it’s time for me to start experimenting with the coconut flour!
In the meantime – I did make some yummy bacon and egg muffins! This batch was of 12… and even after Bruce and I had breakfast last Sunday, there were enough for me to have breakfast Monday-Wednesday! This recipe went a long way and they were very filling.
- 12 slices bacon
- 8 eggs
- 3 or 4 spinach leaves, shredded
- pinch of salt
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease or spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray (the eggs WILL stick!).
- Line each muffin tin around the edges with a slice of bacon.
- In a very large measuring cup (or in a mixing bowl), scramble together the eggs, salt, pepper and spinach.
- Pour an equal amount into each muffin tin (about half full).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown and bacon edges are crisp.
- Use a butter knife to swipe around the edges to get them out of the muffin tin.
- Serve immediately.
- Leftovers store well ziplock bags.